Who you are
You’re an entrepreneurial problem solver who thinks reducing healthcare costs is a worthy cause. You are highly motivated, technically savvy and comfortable working with big data sets. You can turn conceptual ideas into repeatable analyses and algorithms. You’ll have meaningful equity in the company, so you’re able to create your own work, voice your opinions, and be a key contributor in both setting the company vision and executing on the plan you helped define. You’re a generalist with a willingness to learn on the job, be a team player, and not take yourself too seriously.
What you'll do
- Product Development: Develop and improve upon our claim analyzer with the help of our healthcare reimbursement experts.
- Data Analysis: Work with healthcare claim data and synthesize patterns and concepts that will ultimately empower healthcare consumers.
- Operational Improvement: Recognize opportunities to improve our processes and products, and take the initiative to make them better.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a highly analytical and data intensive role at a startup and/or finance/consulting firm
- BA/BS degree in computer science, economics, statistics or equivalent practical experience
- Highly proficient in SQL and Excel
- An effective verbal and written communicator who can work directly with client stakeholders
- Ability to be effective with minimal direct supervision and high-level direction
- Analytic and business intelligence skills with high standards for attention to detail.
- Ability to identify meaningful patterns, analyze them, create hypotheses and then integrate and communicate them via data visualization and reporting techniques.
- Extra Credit: Healthcare industry knowledge/context. Especially exposure to billing, reimbursement, and claim data.
If you're ready to face the challenge of going against a 3 trillion dollar industry and tackling what's wrong with the healthcare system in the U.S., join us! It won't be easy, but it will be rewarding.